Wednesday, September 17, 2008

At the beach, yo!

Ok, so hurricanes, blah, blah, red flags, blah, blah...

we decide to go to the beach anyway...
It's not like those flags really mean anything, right?

So we're driving down the coast line and I'm not gunna lie, I was pretty excited! There were only like 6 cars in the parking lot! We basically have the beach to ourselves! (God must really like us, right?) 
My heart was incredibly happy!
Almost immediately, I went from elated to devastated...The waves were way too high to really do anything in the water. Everytime we stood in it, we got knocked off our feet. Sad....I felt like we had just wasted a whole day!

But James (who "tries" to make the most of any situation) decides that the weather may not be the best for swimming BUT it just might be perfect for skim boarding!
 I don't remember ever laughing so hard! It was one of the funniest thing I've ever seen! 
Here I was getting all down about the environment, feeling as tho I had wasted my time and my day. My friend takes the frown I had on my face and made me laugh so hard my gut hurt! 
As we were driving back later that night, I realized that we did waste time...we totally wasted a whole day! James spent most of the day falling in the water, dodging jellyfish. I got to sit in the sand and read, he got to sleep, we got sunburned...That wasn't a very productive day...
BUT I am so thankful that I have friends who enjoy wasting time with me :-)
God has totally blessed me with such an awesome batch...herd...whatever...of friends!
I would much rather waste my time watching the birds on the beach with my friend than be productive by myself...
Even Jesus recognized how great friends were, He had a posse of 12 guys follow Him around.
As I sit here typing, I remember Phil.1:3...And I do thank my God upon EVERY remembrance of my "most excellent " friends :-)

2 comments:

Jeremy Steele said...

Thanks, you totally got "friends" by Michael W. Smith stuck in my head!

Ruthe said...

To answer your question P...
yes, James is preforming an ancient martial arts ritual he learned from watching the History Channel. In this particular move, he is imitating a crane during their early morning feeding frenzy.

ok, actually I'm just kidding, I have no idea what he's doing. James sporadically breaks out into random dance moves....I know, I know, I can't take him anywhere :-)